Marathon training is hard, it can be lonely and there is lots of sometimes conflicting advice in internet-land. But the marathon is life-changing and so we have developed a programme designed to help you get the most out of your experience.
Designed mainly for first/second time marathoners (but still open to anyone who wants to get more out of their experience) Marathon Milestones is a podcast led programme – a bit like couch to 5k but for the marathon, delivered by experts with added benefits. Our approach to run-coaching via podcast has been extremely successful, as featured in The Guardian and with our Early Milestones programme, and so we are very excited about this programme.
What it includes;
- An outline training plan – so you know what’s coming
- At least one specific training session each week via podcast – including mindfulness, speed sessions, strength exercises, long runs – we run with you
- Membership of a whatsapp group to facilitate support from peers and coaches – hints, tips, inspiration and a place for you to ask any question.
- Special features from experts in their field including international marathoners Josh Griffiths and Natasha Cockram.
What you get, in no particular order;
- Accountability – “Another great and motivational session, I don’t think you would do these sessions otherwise by yourself.“
- Companionship – “like going for a run with a rambling, encouraging friend without the worry of being the slowcoach”
- Structure – “a well balanced and achievable programme making you really think about how you run”
- Support – “a great combination of a podcast to support you on the run to a whatsapp group to share with, worry with and finally celebrate with”
- Expert advice – “having the podcast made me feel like I had a friend to run with who knew what they were doing”
Your coach is Steve Hobbs. He has run 17 road marathons all over the world, and has completed the London Marathon 8 times. Starting in 2001 with 3h 37, and now with a personal best of 2h 30, he is well placed to talk about what it takes to train for and complete a road marathon. See more about Steve here;
You can listen to Steve (on the run, of course), explaining what the programme is all about here;
Why should you do it?
Completing a marathon is a life-changing experience, yet getting to the start line is hard – there is a lot to do and a lot to learn. Support, companionship, structure, accountability and knowledge make a massive difference and that’s what the programme is designed to deliver. From there we are confident that you will toe the start line ready for your life to change.
And the best bit? All of this costs just £7.50 (plus VAT) per month.
What do you need to do next?
The programme launches on 9th May (22 weeks before the London Marathon, allowing time for good base to be built) but you can join (and leave for that matter) at any time, and it can be used for any marathon event, virtual or real, at any time.
To sign-up, all you need to do is click here or on the Patreon button below and register for the Marathon Milestones package. Then just follow the instructions you’ll be sent, and you’re off and running, it’s really that easy.